I’ve created this post to try and curate the best articles, podcasts, etc, that I come across that address the concepts of race, white privilege, etc. As my time is extremely limited, I don’t pretend that this is an exhaustive list. It is sadly limited by my network. Thankfully, my network includes some pretty smart folks. If you have any suggestions for recourses to add, let me know and I’ll consider them.
- Drew GI Hart: On Race, the Church, Anabaptism, and Black Theology, Seminary Dropout podcast
(recorded long before Ferguson, etc, but still a good listen about undercover racism. Plus, Drew’s just cool to listen too).
- Kyle Canty: On Privilege, Ferguson, and History, Seminary Dropout podcast
- A free online video conversation on Race and the Church
(recorded before Ferguson, etc)
- What my bike has taught me about white privilege by A little more sauce
A good analogy helping to explain why “privileged” doesn’t mean you’re (necessarily) racist. The analogy isn’t perfect, but it’s a good start.
- Mennonerds on Ferguson
I have not read most of these articles, but they are a good collection from some honest folks (both black and white) trying to do their best to wrestle with the issues
- Thoughts on Ferguson by Voddie Baucham
This article has become both popular and controversial. I post some posts that respond below
- Black on Black Violence: Pastor Voddie Baucham’s Assault on Black People, various authors
- Sin’s Part in the System (and vice-versa): Thoughts on Voddie’s “Thoughts on Ferguson”, Alan Noble
- Four Common But Misleading Themes in Ferguson-like Times, Thabiti Anyabwile
That’s it for now. Let me know if you know of any others.