my new blog The Art and Science of Being Andrew.
It’s new, so only a post or two at the moment, but I wanted to create a space to talk about non-theological things: art, photography, marriage, technology. Though, there may be some cross-posting, I don’t intend to do that too much.
So, come on over and check it out – but don’t leave here too long or the Lonely Disciple, will be more lonely.
Yesterday we disappeared for the day. Today, we’re back to Shine a Light in the darkness for the 27 million. #enditmovement
Today I announced to my congregation, that after just over a year of service to my church, I would be stepping down. It was an emotional decision to come to and an emotional decision to deliver.
I will stay on until Easter Sunday so as to lead them through the Easter Sunday.
Please pray for Pam and I, my church elders and the congregation.
Just a quick note to let you all know that TLD now has a Facebook community to call its own. This adds another great way to stay in touch with the blog and its community of followers. You can also follow me on Twitter, by RSS, or by email subscription. The big advantage to the Facebook community is you get a bit more content but also access to Facebook only contests from time to time (we’ve already had one, a book giveaway).
So, if you’re on Facebook, why not come over and join in. And be sure to leave a message saying hi.
Wishing you and your a peaceful and blessed Christmas.
Just four quick links to other stories you may find interesting:
- A good quick reflection on John the Baptist (with singing)
- How NT Wright ruined Christmas
- The USCCB position on guns
- A letter to the NRA from a Citizen of the U.S. with a Severe Mental Illness
And three other blogs you should check out:
Here is a selection of random posts and articles that I’ve enjoyed and wish to share with you, my wonderful readers.
- A short video of Greg Boyd answering the question “What if violence is neccessary to protect a loved one?”
- What would you do if your church building exploded and all your leadership was killed instantly? Robert Martin reports on the answer given by Andy Stanley.
- Does theology matter? Here’s a short video that answers that question in a fun and engaging way.
- From NY City, a heart-warming story of helping your fellow man and keeping things in perspective.